By Madjid Nakhjiri
AAA (Authentication, Authorization, Accounting) describes a framework for intelligently controlling entry to community assets, imposing rules, and offering the knowledge essential to invoice for services.
AAA and community defense for cellular Access is a useful advisor to the AAA recommendations and framework, together with its protocols Diameter and Radius. The authors supply an outline of demonstrated and rising criteria for the supply of safe community entry for cellular clients whereas supplying the fundamental layout recommendations and motivations.
AAA and community protection for cellular Access:
- Covers belief, i.e., authentication and defense key administration for fastened and cellular clients, and numerous techniques to belief establishment.
- Discusses public key infrastructures and gives sensible pointers on certificate management.
- Introduces Diameter, a state of the art AAA protocol designed to satisfy today’s reliability, safety and robustness standards, and examines Diameter-Mobile IP interactions.
- Explains RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In consumer providers) and its newest extensions.
- Details EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol) in-depth, giving a protocol review, and masking EAP-XXX authentication equipment in addition to use of EAP in 802 networks.
- Describes IP mobility protocols together with IP point mobility administration, its safety and optimizations, and newest IETF seamless mobility protocols.
- Includes a bankruptcy describing the main points of cellular IP and AAA interplay, illustrating Diameter cellular IP purposes and the method utilized in CDMA2000.
- Contains a bit on safety and AAA matters to aid roaming, discussing numerous ideas for operator co-existence, together with an summary of Liberty Alliance.
This textual content will offer researchers in academia and undefined, community defense engineers, managers, builders and planners, in addition to graduate scholars, with an obtainable rationalization of the factors primary to safe cellular access.
Read Online or Download AAA and Network Security for Mobile Access: Radius, Diameter, EAP, PKI and IP Mobility PDF
Best networking books
Interconnecting Cisco community units, half 2 (ICND2), is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced studying instrument for CCNA® starting place studying. This booklet offers you the data had to set up, function, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size department place of work company community, together with configuring numerous switches and routers, connecting to a WAN, and enforcing community safety.
The realm is altering quicker than ever.
With the increase of latest electronic markets and the ensuing network-ization of the environment, the word “The client is often right” takes on an entire new meaning.
This strong advisor from serial entrepreneur and radical innovation advisor Peter Hinssen exhibits you the way to maintain your organization in control along with your industry, interact with buyers at a time whilst loyalty retains fading into the historical past, and rework your company right into a community on the way to thrive during this period of electronic disruption.
The community continuously Wins offers step by step thoughts to aid you:
- Reinvent your company―even after the industry has flipped
- faucet into the strength of the network―and live on in a marketplace characterised via velocity, uncertainty, and complexity
- keep relevance―and remain on most sensible of rising trends
- connect to your customers―and motivate them to interact
This enterprise advisor is as illuminating because it is agreeable and enjoyable to learn. It presents every thing you want to adapt your company for this intriguing new age of networks and electronic disruption.
You’ll easy methods to evolve quicker, attach deeper, and make higher judgements than ever earlier than. You’ll locate confirmed how you can accelerate your response time, beat the clock of your opponents, and expect client tendencies sooner than they even happen.
In today’s fast-moving industry, networks are strength. This e-book indicates you ways to harness that energy. in your corporation. in your clients. in your endured good fortune within the electronic age.
Networking All-in-One table Reference For Dummies via Lowe, Doug [For Dummies, . ..
- Die natürlichen PFLANZENFAMILIEN. Rubiaceae
- IP Multicast Course
- Social Network Analysis: A Handbook, 2nd Edition
- Fiber to the Home: The New Empowerment
- Cognitive Radio Networking and Security: A Game-Theoretic View
Additional resources for AAA and Network Security for Mobile Access: Radius, Diameter, EAP, PKI and IP Mobility
14 ● ● ● ● ● ● ● AAA and Network Security for Mobile Access Accounting metrics: The data collected by the network device and transferred to the accounting server via the accounting protocol. Charging: Charging derives non-monetary costs for accounting data based on service and customer-specific tariff parameters. Different cost metrics may be applied to the same accounting records. Accounting server: The entity that is responsible for processing the accounting data received from the network device.
Until the owner reports the loss of theft, the lucky new owner can simply use the phone including the SIM card to make phone calls. The SIM card unknowing about its new owner will proceed with the challenge/response, using the key in its memory. Instead of going through a variety of device authentication mechanisms, we like to quickly announce that we feel the most pronounced way of providing device authentication is through device certificates and provide a short overview of certificate based authentication.
For example, high-value inter-domain accounting events could be sent immediately, thus enabling use of fraud-prevention techniques, while all other events would be batched. As a result, this approach can have good scalability and flexibility characteristics. In the event-driven polling model, an accounting manager will poll the device for accounting data only when it receives an event. Events are typically generated by accounting clients. Examples of events include: when a batch of a given size has been gathered, when data of a certain type are available or lapse of a minimum time period.