By FRANK TALMAGE
AJS overview. VOL. 6. 1981. VI [ASSOCIATION FOR JEWISH reports]
Read Online or Download AJS REVIEW. VOL. 6. 1981. VI [ASSOCIATION FOR JEWISH STUDIES] PDF
Best jewish books
This commonly researched and assuredly written examine bargains a fine-grained research of the origins of the chinese language Communist Revolution within the geographical region. construction on many years of analysis in newly to be had assets and a number of journeys to Jiangxi, Stephen Averill presents a definitive neighborhood viewpoint at the upward push of a revolution that reshaped China and the realm.
Texas has one of many greatest Jewish populations within the South and West, comprising an often-overlooked vestige of the Diaspora. the selected fogeys brings this wealthy element of the earlier to mild, going past unmarried biographies and photographic histories to discover the entire evolution of the Jewish event in Texas.
In 1796, the Jews of St. Thomas based the 1st Jewish congregation in this Caribbean island. via 1803, new arrivals from England, France, and the neighboring islands of St. Eustatius and Curaçao elevated the unique quantity from a handful of congregants to twenty-two households. Their small synagogue was once destroyed via fires and rebuilt a number of occasions.
- Jewish Scholarship and Culture in Nineteenth-Century Germany: Between History and Faith (Studies in German Jewish Cultural Hist) by Nils Roemer (2005-08-30)
- My War against the Nazis: A Jewish Soldier with the Red Army (Alabama Fire Ant)
- City of Ruins: Mourning the Destruction of Jerusalem Through Jewish Apocalypse (Biblical Interpretation Series)
- Private Joel and the Sewell Mountain Seder
- The Holocaust Averted: An Alternate History of American Jewry, 1938-1967
- The Name of God and the Angel of the Lord: Samaritan and Jewish Concepts of Intermediation and the Origin of Gnosticism (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 36)
Additional resources for AJS REVIEW. VOL. 6. 1981. VI [ASSOCIATION FOR JEWISH STUDIES]
57. WAPL, Castrensia relationum manifestationum oblatarum Lublinesis 121/21279, Oblata Inwentarij Bonorum Oppidi Opole, 21v-23v. 58. WAPL,Ksiega miejska Modliborzyce 1, 167, 218; Ks. m. Modliborzyce 3, 14r-15v. (CAHJP HM 7044, HM 6750). 59. Morgensztern, "Wiadomo'ci," p. 31. 60. Hilla Jeruchomowicz, an arendator and merchant who dealt in mead, beer, hops and herring; Juda Herslowicz, a qahal elder in 1680 and arendator of Beliyce, 1674-1691; and Icek Salamonowicz, a qahal elder in 1680-his house on the marketplace cost 1,000 Polish zloties in 1673.
116-20, qu. 13 (Joel Sirkes). 40. Zbigniew Switalski, "Reasons for the Abandonment of the Levant Trade of the Polish Commonwealth by Turkish-Jewish Refugees from Spain in the Last Years of the Sixteenth Century" [Polish], BZIH 37 (1961): 59-65, and the references there. 41. Janina Bieniarz6wna, Mieszczatistwo Krakowskie XVII wieku (Cracow, 1969), pp. 32-39, 43; Herman Kellenbenz, "Le d6clin de Venise et les relations 6conomiques de Venise avec les marches au nord des Alpes," Aspetti e cause della decadenza economica veneziananel secolo XVII (Venice and Rome, 1961), p.
Jsp. JSTOR's Terms and Conditions of Use provides, in part, that unless you have obtained prior permission, you may not download an entire issue of a journal or multiple copies of articles, and you may use content in the JSTOR archive only for your personal, non-commercial use. Please contact the publisher regarding any further use of this work. Publisher contact information may be obtained at . publisherCode=cup. Each copy of any part of a JSTOR transmission must contain the same copyright notice that appears on the screen or printed page of such transmission.